Under the supervision of the Production Manager, the Bindery Operator responds to customers’ needs for attractive printed communication materials by operating the flatbed cutter, both MBO folders and Muller Martini Saddle Stitcher or similar stitching/binding machines. A Bindery Operator operates, at a minimum, 3 Bindery machines. This is a full-time, second-shift (2:30-11 p.m.) position with full benefits, PTO, and holidays.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma/G.E.D. preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a finishing/bindery/print shop
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as job tickets and spreadsheets
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to use a ruler to conduct basic measurements
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form
- Graphcom required trainings (HIPAA, Information Security, Medicare Fraud Waste and Abuse, Lockout/Tag Out, Harassment Prevention, Fire Extinguisher Training, HazCom/Right to know and Emergency Action Plan)
- Power jacks certified (training provided)
- Produce a superior product to the fullest ability with the tools provided to you, including but not limited to knowledge and machinery
- When required, is responsible for inline packaging including but not limited to band wrapping and bulk packaging
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on bindery machines, including cleaning, adjusting, and oiling
- Performs all functions associated with a specific machine
- Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and makes required adjustments
- Sets up, operates, and uses automatic and manual bindery machines
- Feeds and removes various printed products from machine and stacks them properly
- Cleans and lubricates machinery parts and makes minor repairs
- Examines product samples for defects
- Reads work order to determine work instructions
- Login to Monarch to record time and value spent on each job
- Trains and directs other bindery operators, if needed
- Starts machines and makes trial runs to verify the accuracy of machine setup
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25+ pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
- The noise level in the work environment is loud. Hearing protection is not mandatory, but available if needed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not usually exposed to weather conditions
The job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job. This job description does not constitute an employment contract; the employment relationship between Graphcom and the employee is an at-will relationship.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by submitting their resumes to email@example.com or via mail attention to Human Resources at 1219 Chambersburg Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325.
Graphcom is an equal opportunity employer.