Graphcom Achieves Gold Standard for HIPAA Credentials
Now more than ever, Graphcom is well-equipped to address the intricacies and ever-changing requirements of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the federal law protecting patient health information.
Matthew Livelsberger, Graphcom president, underwent and completed an intensive, 22-hour HIPAA training course and nearly four-hour timed exam to validate his knowledge and become a Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE).
What This Means for Our Clients
As a CHPSE, Livelsberger fully understands the HIPAA privacy and security rules as well as new changes to the regulation in light of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. HITECH mandated new requirements for sharing protected health information with business associates, for ensuring identity theft protection, for using and disclosing protected health information for marketing purposes, and for reporting breaches of protected health information.
“In today’s changing landscape, we take pride in keeping our business practices consistent with privacy and security rules. Our clients deserve a partner who can navigate these guidelines and support strong healthcare management practices. CHPSE is the gold standard for HIPAA credentials, and we’re looking forward to continuing to serve our clients at the highest level.” Dave Sandoe, Graphcom executive vice president.
About the CHPSE Credential
The CHPSE credential denotes that Livelsberger has an in-depth knowledge of the application of the HIPAA privacy rule as it relates to the uses and disclosures of protected health information (PHI), including:
- Using and disclosing PHI for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations as well as disclosure for public purposes.
- In-depth knowledge of the application of the HIPAA security rule as it relates to the security of PHI.
- Identifying technical or electronic threats to the healthcare enterprise, and explaining the technology available to reduce or prevent those threats.
- Advanced training in the topics of administrative, physical, and technical safeguards.
- The knowledge to develop policies and procedures to describe those safeguards and address larger risk management strategies.
- Expertise in overall HIPAA compliance.
- Ability to evaluate whether policies and procedures are HIPAA-compliant, and ensure that Graphcom is taking every possible step to protect the privacy and security of protected health information.
About Supremus Group, LLC
http://www.hipaatraining.net, a Supremus Group venture, offers comprehensive HIPAA training for healthcare organizations, health plans, employers, business associates, and alternative medicine providers. Courses, which have been updated to reflect HITECH requirements, are offered in multiple formats, including instructor-led HIPAA training, online training courses, and customized onsite training. After course completion, participants may obtain one of the following HIPAA certifications: CHPA (Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate), CHPE (Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert), CHSE (Certified HIPAA Security Expert), and CHPSE (Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert).
In addition to HIPAA training, the company also provides HIPAA compliance kits, manuals, training, templates, and compliance consulting services in the areas of HIPAA security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment, contingency planning, and HIPAA security audits. For more information about the company and its services, visit http://www.hipaatraining.net/.